Thursday, November 26, 2009

Charlie Brown and Stuff

I wanted today to feel like a holiday. If only so I could stop with this ridiculous feeling of uselessness and sadness. But it didn't feel right at all. Instead, I spent most of the day following my mother around town gathering the ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner - which will be held on Sunday [I don't have time to explain]. When my mother finally showed up to her own house, I was already in the midst of taking care of the 9 animals currently in her home. That's when she informed me that she had nothing for our dinner, tonight or Sunday. Do you know what it's like to try and find pumpkin on Thanksgiving Day? Then count your blessings my friend. Because it is an adventure that no one should have to endure.

But all that is over now. We had our Thanksgiving Chicken (yes, chicken)and all the dishes are clean. I'm sitting here, watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving and I can only say that I feel for the poor bastard. All he wanted to do was have dinner with his grandmother and now half the town is coming to his house for a free meal. Still don't know how he ended up doing all of the work, but hand to the sky it's happening. Eh. I wish I knew how to take advantage of people that way. Maybe then most of my problems would alleviate themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails