Monday, February 14, 2011

Doing The Math

I don't have long. We meet with the funeral director in less than an hour. But it occured to me that maybe I should check my finances.

Yes, I've come a long way from where I used to be but I am by no means independently wealthy. All in all, this trip will cost over $1000. That's rental car, fuel, food, and lodging and we're not doing anything fancy. Boarding my dog is costing me a cool $100 on its own.

I just got paid. On Friday. And I had plans for that money. Plans that involved a new tail light, a deposit to: the emergency cash fund, the Vegas trip, and Atitlan, and a plain ol' girls night out.

It's weird to be in a place where I can't seem to save money no matter how hard I try.

I'm feeling super selfish again. I don't wish that I could do my life over, but I do hope that life is done having its way with my finances.

I've grown weary of being part of the working poor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails