I can’t be sure but I can say that of the many things that have happened to me in the last 14 days, this is by far the best.
Thank you, Erin Love, for thinking of me and for finally coming out of the shadows of Lurkdom.
If I were to follow Erin’s example, I’d have to tell you 21 things about myself that hopefully I haven’t already over shared and nominate 45 fellow bloggers for this prestigious honor. I’m sure I can do the first, we’ll see about the second.
Here goes nothing.
1. I’m bossy. So incredibly super, duper bossy. And I like it.
2. I miss Palmer. But don’t you dare tell him! That man is working over time to get back in my good graces. I’ve never seen a thesaurus used so heavily.
3. I knew Erin before she knew me. She took a ballet class with Nat in college. (How’s that for stalking?)
4. Do you have 900 pictures on Facebook? Is your page unprotected? Yes! I will spend my day sifting through your intimate moments.
5. I am sooooo lazy. It’s ridiculous and paradoxical. I hate mediocre and menial tasks but I don’t like having too much responsibility. I should probably work on that.
6. The first time I heard “One Time” by Justin Bieber, I thought it was a girl singing. I was so moved by America’s ability to embrace a 10-year-old lesbian that I told all my friends about this song. I still love you Justin, even though you’re a heterosexual boy.
7. I want four children because I grew up with having brothers and sisters. I got a best friend (Nat) and the world’s best advice on how to deal with teen aged boys (Ethan).
8. I have favorite siblings.
9. I am the eldest of 4 girls and the 2nd oldest of 8 children.
10. I would not want to live in a world without books, airplanes, and Zagat’s. Everything else is negotiable.
11. I went to a different school every year from 3rd to 12th grade. Yup. I went to four different high schools. Life was a nightmare.
12. I just clocked in late from lunch because I lost track of time.
13. I have a Reproductive Endocrinologist.
14. I broke up with a guy during dinner at his house because he let his cat eat off his plate. I just kept thinking, “OMG!, he kisses me with that mouth!”.
15. I love bullet point lists.
16. I haven’t had cable for over three years.
17. I haven’t had a valentine since I was 19.
18. I need to nurture my creative side.
19. I have always dreamed of becoming a professional dancer.
20. I hate sweat. It’s gross to look at, feel, and smell. It’s the visual equivalent of bile in the throat.
21. When I win, I like it to be because I've proven myself against a worthy opponent, not because they never stood a chance.
OK. The easy part is out of the way.
There are three different awards to give away and I am supposed to pick 15 bloggers per award. If you know me then you’ve already accepted that this is not likely to happen. But stick around anyway. I could always surprise you.
The Versatile Blogger Award is being passed to:
I <3 This Blog Award goes to:
- The G Life
- Dishes & Wishes
- The Story of Us
- A Cake for a Wife
- Art of Crochet (I'm such a nerd!)
- April Draven
- Lauren Nicole Love
- The Good Women Project
- ~ my life as i see it ~
The Stylish Blogger Award goes to:
- Brunch At Saks
- Green Wedding Shoes
- A Cup of Jo
- 13 bees
- The Perfect Palette
- Shannen Norman Photography
- Rebekah Westover Photography