Friday, January 22, 2010

Reality Check

In the excitement over realizing that I could, in fact, fit into my Buckle jeans again. I forgot to take one very important thing into consideration. The fact that all my jeans were "worn". You know "worn", don't you? Not dirty but not freshly laundered.

Well, my jeans were worn and not freshly laundered. So last night, I washed all my jeans and because I was feeling especially cocky, I put them in the dryer.

This morning when I woke, I had the cutest outfit picked out that involved my most favorite jeans. I pranced around until 7:12 only to find out that GASP!! they wouldn't go on. It was ridiculous. The wrangling. The cringing. The utter insanity. I spent so much time trying to put on these stupid jeans that I didn't have time do my hair and makeup.

By 7:27, I was at a loss for what to wear because if these didn't fit that meant none of the others would either. I would have called off work but my phone was DOA so I did what any self-respecting woman would do. I dug through the tote of forgotten garments for my SPANX. (dunh-dunh-duuuunnnnnhhhhh!!!!)

The sadness was palpable. Even my pups looked at me with sad eyes. People, I'm wearing Spanx and these jeans are still stealing my life force.

*heavy sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails