Thursday, May 6, 2010

Thankful Thursday - A Mother's Day Edition

Mother's Day is just around the corner and even though I don't have a gift for my Mom yet, you can be sure it will rock the house. I was going to write her a poem, but in the last 3 years she's received a Coach bag, a Pandora bracelet, Aldo shoes, and a diamond ring with the word "Mom" in it. I don't think I can get away with handmade presents now.


So, in honor of her Royal Highness, I am dedicating this Thankful Thursday post to her. Not because I'm a procrastinator but because she deserves to know how much I love her. And there's nothing better than putting it in writing so she can show all her friends.


I Am Thankful for My Mom Because:


  • Our relationship has progressed as I have grown

  • I can talk to her about anything (almost)

  • She's usually right

  • She knows when to give advice and when to just be a sounding board

  • She won't judge me if I make the wrong decision

  • She maximizes "gloat time" to 180 minutes

  • She is forever stylish

  • She taught me to chase my dreams

  • She has supported my whims

  • She won't wear champagne to my wedding (hint, hint)

  • I can look at her and have hope for my future physique

  • My kids will have an awesome Grandma

  • My kids won't be ugly

  • When all I said and done, I know she'll still be there tomorrow

I Love You, Mom. T----H----I----S----M----U----C----H!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I just have to teach my mom to use a computer and then I'll copy your idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails