Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 12: Something I Am OCD About

This one was super easy because there aren't many things that I truly give a damn about. Until something goes wrong (or drives me bat shit crazy), I am all lets-just-go-with-the-flow-and-see-where-it-takes-us. You've seen pics of my apartment. It does not bother me one bit that it's not picked up every day. To pick it up every day would mean that I'd have to: spend less time with friends, spend less time with family, get rid of some of my hobbies and clean. Which is totally not fun and seems completely pointless if you don't have people coming over.

But if you were to open my food cabinets, you would be amazed. I take my canned goods very, very seriously. They are all organized and sorted by:
  • category - proteins on the left, vegetables in the center, and fruits on the right.
  • size - tallest in that category to the left and in the back.
  • contents - there are no more than 2 cans of each kind of product (green beans, peaches, etc.) on the base layer. All matching products get stacked on top of each other, no more than two cans high. This prevents overstock of food and the loss or misplacement of said canned goods.
  • date - the canned goods are resorted each time new product is brought into the apartment. All cans are checked for the expiration date. New products are put on the base layer and old products on the 2nd layer. Sometimes, the contents are rearragned so that I am motivated to eat those products first. This prevents food waste.
  • labels - ALL LABELS ARE TURNED FORWARD AT ALL TIMES. I cannot express this strongly enough. How the hell am I supposed to know what's in the can if the label is turned to the side or, God forbid, to the back of the cabinet?
There is nothing that I take more seriously than my canned goods. Do you want to be unfriended on Facebook? Come over here and mess with my cans.*

* That's what she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails