Monday, November 1, 2010

My Turn To Meme! -- Day 1: My Favorite Song

I don't normally follow trends...

BAHAHAHHAHHAAA!! I drink trends like water. I have filled out more of those "Year 20XX About Me" surveys than I would care to admit to. So this is me, following another trend, and totally taking the easy way out of blogging every day.

I'm thinking this will give me that much needed brain break I've been hoping for.

Day 1: My Favorite Song

The Way You Look Tonight - Fred Astaire

Most people don't know that this song is actually in a movie and was first sung from Fred Astaire to Ginger Rogers. I know that because when I was 8 I became obsessed with all things Ginger Rogers. She's the reason I became a dancer.

But when I hear this song in what ever form, being performed by which ever artist, I can't help but bask in the glow of love that the writer must have been in when putting pen to paper. Read on...

Someday, when I'm awfully low
When the world is cold,
I will feel a glow just thinking of you
And the way you look tonight.

Yes, you're lovely, with your smile so warm
And your cheeks so soft,
There is nothing for me, but to love you,
And the way you look tonight.

With each word your tenderness grows
Tearing my fear apart.
And that smile that wrinkles your nose,
Touches my foolish heart.

Lovely, never, ever change.
Keep that breathless charm.
Won't you please arrange it?
'Cause I love you.
Just the way you look tonight.

Just the way you look... tonight.

P.S. - I picked this up from CBS111 who has yet to pick a blog name but we won't judge because we're good people. And you can't get snarky with the person you stole from because then they might come over to your desk and tell you that you are no longer even despite the fact that you took off your shirt so she could win $100,000 in fake cash money. Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails