When I first saw this recipe, I was all, "Nuh-uh! I ain't eating that. Taco meat belongs in tacos". I was wrong. (You might want to print this post out because you won't ever see that sentence again)
Tacos in Pasta Shells
1 ¼ pounds Lean ground beef
3 oz Cream cheese
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Chili Powder
18 Jumbo pasta shells
2 Tbsp Butter, melted
1 cup Taco sauce
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
1 ½ cups Crushed tortilla chips
1 cup Sour cream
1. In a large skillet, brown beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cream cheese, salt, and chili powder; mix and simmer for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8-10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Toss cooked shells in butter.
3. Preheat oven to 350*
4. Fill shells with beef mixture and arrange in a 9X13 inch baking dish; pour taco sauce over shells. Cover with foil and bake in oven for 15 minutes.
5. Remove dish from oven and top with Cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese and tortilla chips; return dish to oven to cook for 15 minutes more.
6. Top with sour cream, olives, and onions.
No Laughing Matter.
6 months ago