Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day 2: My Favorite Movie

The movie that will make me stop in my tracks to sit down and watch it regardless of which part of the film it happens to be in is Gone With the Wind.

I love Miss Scarlet. I love Tara. I love the way Rhett does everything in his power to save Tara to make Miss Scarlet love him. I love the way she doesn't love him until he slams the door in her face. You can't buy that kind of crazy.


But it's not my favorite movie.

My all-time, hands-down, say-what!?!, favorite film is:
This is before Elizabeth's 8th marriage, Paul's famous dressing and when Burl did more than sing Christmas songs.

This movie epitomizes all the things I've ever loved about the south. Sometimes, I think that Yankee women have forgotten how strong you have to be to keep quiet and pretend like everything's ok.

If you've never seen it, well first, shame on you! Second, go see it. Now. Stop reading this and make way!

Cat On a Hot Tin Roof is a story about love, shame, jealousy and family secrets. And a loud mouth sister-in-law that needs to pop that baby out so you can hit her in her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails