Friday, August 20, 2010

All At Once

It seems that everyone in my life is at a crossroads right now. That includes the uber-responsible types, the whiny types, and the I-can-do-this-on-my-own-except-I-need-your-help types. The problem with that is simply that there's no place to hide from the general "funk" of it all.


I don't want to call it depression because that's not it. And saying that we're overwhelmed just doesn't feel right. We all get up everyday and do what has to be done without fail. But none of us can remember the last time we did what we wanted to do without worry. And that's what I presume to say is the real issue.


Some want puppies, some more money, I want a life partner and others a baby. Can you see what I mean? We all want something. That one thing we don't have.


My house stays put together except for the dog hair that sits. on. everything. I would love to have the pitter-patter of little feet to quell (bringing the vocab back!) the silence. Or even just someone to cook for. And I could definitely imagine living without a dog. Primarily because I never have before.


One friend would be happy if just one other person somewhere would take charge of something so that she didn't have to. She's not even being picky about it. She'd just like the expectation and reliance on her to do everything to be taken away.


Some simply want everything right now, just so they can want something new. We're all staring out of the windows of our soul begging for the slightest change, for one thing to go right so that we can move forward again. The pain of being at an emotional stand still is unnerving.


You know that you should push forward and do all of the things you've done before. But as my brother likes to ask, "How's that working for you?". Let me ask you something, Bloggies. When what you're doing isn't working, do you just do nothing at all?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails