Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'd Pay That To See You Behind Bars

Normally, I like to speak about all of the things that I am rather than what I'm not. Tonight will be no different.

Let me start by saying that I lost my phone during a series of shananigans on Saturday night. I spent the better part of Sunday re-tracing my steps, calling my phone, trying to locate it. Finally, yesterday, I reported it lost and filed to get a replacement from the insurance company. It arrived today.

Less than 2 hours ago, I received a phone call from Saturday's cabbie. He has my original phone. He told me that I could meet him somewhere and that I would have to pay my cab fare at that time.

I reminded him that he took and ran my credit card for the fare. He tried to convince me that my card was no good. What he did not know is that I had been made aware that someone else paid the fare in cash in full. So, I confronted him with that.

That's when he tried to backtrack and tell me the fare was to get my phone. See, I should call when I'm downtown again and then he will come and bring me my phone… for the low, low fee of $15. I told him for all that he could throw the phone away and that I know extortion when I hear it.

But after thinking a bit more - and talking with CBS111 - I decided to call him and tell him that I'm willing to meet to recover my phone. Tomorrow I AM calling my insurance company and I AM reporting the phone as stolen and in his possession. Then I AM going to call the cab company to report him for extortion. And I AM going to see if I can report him to the BBB (I only have a first name).

Finally, when I'm done with all of that, I AM gonna have a great time at Cedar Point. Have a good day, everybody!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.3.1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails