Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Debt Relief


I just checked my bank account and guess what? There's over $30 in there!! Whoot!!


Now, I know what you must be thinking (especially if you do not now and have never lived paycheck to paycheck). How can she be excited about $30? Here's how. My rent? Paid. My car? Paid. My utilities? Paid. That's right, people. Check. CHECK. CHECK!!!


This time four months ago, I'd be crying, wondering how I'm going to pay my rent (or worst, how to phrase the late letter to my landlord) because I'd over spent on other things that I thought I needed and/or could afford and actually could not. Or I would be in the midst of a tragic battle with my [former] roommate because I had planned on her having her share of the expenses and she would fail... again.
Forcing myself to rely only on me has been difficult. And I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I haven't taken loans from family because I have. And I fully intend to pay those back, but right now, I'm going to bask in the glow of this moment. When I checked my online statement and it matched my paper register and they both told me the same thing. That all creditors are paid and I still have something left over.
Good things are creeping in. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails