Monday, February 8, 2010

Fast Track to Nowhere


What I feel for my job can aptly be described as hate. They call me an Inside Sales Associate. But what they mean is Glorified Customer Service Bitch. Because they don't pay me what ISAs across the country are getting for this same job. And they always find a new way to screw me or force me into a pay cut (while never raising my base pay, of course).

And then there's the whole issue with never being backed up. I mean, what's the point in having rules, Terms & Conditions, if we are never going to enforce them. Or the company can't seem to find its backbone and force customers to abide by them. Everyone says that "Rules are made to be broken". But what happens when rules are never followed? You have our customers, that's what happens.

It's funny how they rank us #1 in Customer Satisfaction and declare that we have the most helpful and friendliest staff, but they do the majority of their business elsewhere. This company has been coddling its clients for so long that people have forgotten that something is expected of them in return; their business. Instead, they constantly call in favors that they are not owed and whine when the rules aren't bent just for them.

Or when we won't sell something below our cost just so they can participate in a bid they have no business being a part of. God forbid we try to turn a measly profit so we can continue to kowtow to your adolescent whims!!

Ok, that's enough for today.

Here's to a better tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails