Sunday, April 25, 2010

Righteous!

I am definitely trying to make the most of the last few weekends I have here in the Friendliest state in the Union. This weekend was packed as tight as the one before it and next weekend promises to be just as exciting.


It started on Friday, where I almost missed my own dinner because I got sidetracked by the thought of brats on a grill. It was only when I walked through my own threshhold that it dawned on me that I had people coming over to my own house for dinner. At my invitation. And I have a planner now. WTF?


But dinner turned out to be tons o' fun. I got to reconnect with some friends and gossip like we were in a hair salon. They headed out to the concert and I gave sad face but I needed to clean before The Scorpio came to pick up his cake. Believe it or not he was right on time. Like exactly. This even deserves a post all its own so I'll leave you in suspense.


Saturday was the Spring Game. It's my first taste of football since the Super Bowl and I was amped to go. I went with an old friend of mine and we talked about him and how he's been since we lost touch. Then, after the game, we hit up the mall for some ice cream and then after that I treated him to dinner. I mean, who wants to live in a world where someone doesn't know the deliciousness that is Carrabba's?


He was so nervous because he doesn't get treated often (I would hate to be a guy if it meant I always had to pay) but it was nice just to have company and someone to talk to. I loved watching him enjoy himself. I'm a giver that way. Plus, it's Prom Season. And there's nothing cuter than teenagers dressed in their glittery finest acting all grown up and such. It made me saw, "Awwwwww." out loud it was that cute.


It really was the perfect end to an already stellar day. I went home and took care of the animals. They were just excited to see me. And then I packed a bag and stayed at Mom's. She's never seen Twilight or New Moon. Nat and I are not fans of the series so we had decided to have a snark off. My favorite quote of the night, "Why doesn't someone just smack her already and move on?" -- Mom.


We went to dinner at Quaker Steak & Lube. Mom's husband was his usual rude self and we had two checks. One with him, April & Becca and then me, Mom and Nat. I don't want to say that it's because he hadn't intended for me and Nat to come. But it is because he thought that they were just going to leave without saying goodbye and then when we realized we weren't invited gave puzzled looks so Mom extended the invitation. Nice, huh?


I talked to the Scorpio some more on Sunday and we both want to try again but question whether we should we try again. I poured out my heart and made myself completely vulnerable. He told me it was sweet. I looked on in disdain. He explained it as being flattered that someone cares about him. I equate that to saying I love you and receiving a Thanks. You know?


I ended the night with a gyro, three shots of whiskey and a beer. Good times indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails