Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Birds and The Bees and Sowing the Seeds... of Education


Ethan is over a foot taller than Mom. That's why whenever she disciplines him I giggle myself into hysterics.


Sunday, he said over and over again that he's never getting married and doesn't want kids. I told him that's fine with me as he'll have four neices and nephews to play with and teach things to. He said, "Four? That sounds expensive". I concur completely and that's why he needs to hurry up and get his degree so that he can get rank.


Right now, he's an E4. With a degree he could progress to an O2 with just the application. But he'll never achieve great heights (or be considered for a commission) without his degree. Ethan has no excuse. The military offers classes free of charge to them. All you have to do is pass.


I said that if I could work two jobs to put myself through school, he could do it for free. But he fought me on it and that's when Mom stepped in.


She made him stand in the garage because its two steps down and she could face him. (I stood behind her pointing and mocking his displeasure). But she lectured him on the mecessity of continuing education and told him how she doesn't want him to come out and flip burgers at 40.


He looked like she just killed his rabbit.


Anyways, the point of this post is to tell you that I'm really pushing my brother for selfish reasons. I intend to have four healthy children that will need clothes, shoes, food, shelter, and college educations. This would go much more smoothly if they had a regularly commissioned and therefore, seemingly wealthy uncle.


And that uncle will be Ethan.

It's not for me. It's for the children.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am trying to be strong but sometimes feel like it is a fake strong, like any minute I could just collapse!~

    Okay so I am SOOO loving your milestones list, I want to do that, can I borrow the idea? Pretty please, it is genius and might help me lose those pounds too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails